Friday, October 05, 2007

Game On!! (NYR 2007-08 Season Begins)

Boys_Begin_with_Big_Win!!.jpg
Rangers 5 Panthers 2
YAY!!!
The New York Rangers came to life in the 3rd period last night to overwhelm the visiting Florida Panthers. The fans had barely settled back into their seats after the player introductions, when defenseman Michal Rozsival scored 37 seconds into the game. (see top photo)
Chris Drury made his debut for the Blueshirts in a big way, the game's 1st star with 3 points. (a goal and 2 assists) It was only a few months ago that Drury, the former Buffalo Sabre co-captain, was crushing the Rangers' playoff hopes. It's a new season, eh?
Chris Drury 3 points 1st star.jpeg
Gomez centered the second line of superstar Brendan Shanahan and super-pest Sean Avery. "I was just hoping that I wouldn't fall," said Gomez of his first introduction to the Garden Faithful. "I have been on that side (visitors' side of the ice) enough to know that there is a little lift there. That's definitely New York for you. It is an awesome experience, and I am just glad that we could get (a win) for them tonight."
Scotty Gomez' Garden debut.jpeg
What else? 2 assists for Captain Jaromir Jagr, 3 helpers for Garden whipping boy Marek Malik (fans stopped booing him, temporarily at least, to chant 'Marek! Marek!')
Henrik Lundqvist helped the boys survive a lackluster periods 1 and 2, and drew his usual ovations. 'Henrik! Henrik!'. Petr Prucha scored, Martin Straka and Ryan Callahan did as well. Production from 3 lines + defense = yay.
Nice way to start the season, me-so-happy!
LET'S My Family Crest GO My Family Crest RANGERS!
I get my NYR photos here!

No comments: